Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The beginning ....

13/12/06

After finishing my exam , I got a job at CoE Highuplands* . It is a famous holiday resort high up on the mountain . For students , it is a dreamland for working because it always hiring people and their pay is high . For example , working as waitress in your hometown cafĂ© and in CoE* , the pay could different by half ! That’s why when everybody finishes their study , they go to CoE for a temporary job with high pay . But actually the high pay comes with a great price to pay …..
I got a job in Highupland* hotel ( they got five hotel ; Highupland* , CoE* , Resot* , ThemeP* and FiWorld* ) . My job is FOA , front office assistant . I’m to assist people check in their room for those who don’t know what I’m doing . I thought I’ll be doing fine because …. because …. Hey man , what is so hard helping people check in and out ? I was wrong . Dead wrong . Actually being an FOA isn’t easy but if you get a grip of it , it can be quite easy . But I didn’t and can’t . Let see , I have to put on pantyhose which is my first time and it is not comfortable at all . I hate it . And I have to tie my hair into a bun which is a very hard task because in super cold weather like CoE , my hair straightens up . I have a hard time twisting it into a bun and clipping excess falling-out-from-the-bun-hair . Moreover , I have to put on some makeup which I didn’t know how and don’t want to . Being an amateur with cosmetics , I simply put some foundation and some eye shadow ( seriously , why they invent so much colors ? I don’t know what color is suitable for me ) and lastly , which is necessary … the lipstick . Damm , I hate lipstick because it feels heavy on my lips and I don’t feel like talking at all . Okay , after finishing my appearance , I …… wait a minute . Did I mention that my costumes are an oversized red jacket with an oversized white t-shirt ? Nope , I don’t think so . Yes , my costume are such as that . Man , I looks like a child who is trying on her father’s working suit ! If the father’s suit is red in color , I mean .

* names are fake/changed to protect the reputation of the company

No comments:

...