Tuesday, March 09, 2010

[review] Percy Jackson & the Olympians by Rick Riordan



Love the book~
Review coming later ^^


[edit]
Okay, here's the review.
The books are great overall. It give us so much names and refresh our knowledge of what we know about Greek mythology.
I love how people address themselves to others.
Example: [I'm Annabeth, daughter of Athena]
It's like who are their parents is the most important thing (indeed it is, as it affect your personality and judgments)

Out of topic - I think I will the daughter of [Son of Athena + Daughter of Hades]. Right, that's how my personality fares ^^

Ehem... back to topic, in the series of Percy Jackson and the Olympians, the climax never went down completely. It's like every day is battle day (not that I hate it but whenever trouble comes, it's like 'Uh oh, not again' stuff like that)

One more thing is the time in the book went too fast. I was reading the 4th or 5th book and Percy was saying something like how he adjust himself over the YEARS(huh?) in the camp. Well since the story only centers on Summer, you can't help but thinking time flies too fast.

I got more to write about but it wouldn't be fair to my other reviews, won't it? *wink* So there, I give this a 4 out of 5~!

PS: Okay, I'm writing more after all. Rick Riordan has a knack to leave things end his book hanging from a skyscraper -_-ll (meaning, the cliffhangers are very abrupt!! >.<)

No comments:

...